Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of payment do you take?
I accept cash, check, credit card, and paypal. Payment is due at each session. There is also an option to enroll in automatic payment by keeping a credit card on file.
Do you take Insurance?
No. However, if your insurance covers out-of-network providers, I am happy to offer an invoice with session dates and rates for you to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
There are many benefits to out-of-pocket therapy services:
* There is no need for a diagnosis. We can address your presenting problems without labeling you.
* Insurance companies often set a limit on the number of sessions per month/year. With private pay, the decisions regarding the focus, frequency, and duration of therapy are made by you and me.
* We can continue therapy even if you change jobs or insurance providers. Many clients choose to return to therapy at different phases in life. Choosing a provider on fit, rather than insurance, is worth the investment.
I accept cash, check, credit card and PayPal at time of service.
How do I start therapy?
Give me a call for your free 15 minute phone consultation! If we're not a good fit, I can refer you to someone who is!
What is therapy like?
A therapy session is in a relaxed office environment, where I will listen, ask questions, and help you discover insights and understanding. At the beginning of our relationship, we will discuss your goals and identify a path to reach them. This path is dependent on what brings you to therapy and what you hope to achieve. Therapy sessions are typically weekly and 50 minutes in length. The duration of therapy can be short term (focusing on a specific problem) or longer term (focusing on more complex issues or ongoing personal growth). Effective therapy involves active participation during and between the weekly sessions.
Is my information confidential?
In general, the law protects all communication between the therapist and client. There are some exclusions:
1) Suspected child, dependent adult or elder abuse must be reported by the therapist to the appropriate agency.
2) If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person, the therapist is required to notify the police.
3) If a client is threatening to harm themselves, the therapist will make every effort to ensure safety. However, further intervention and breach of confidentiality may be necessary.
What if I can’t afford your fees?
I offer a sliding scale fee for a limited number of clients. Call for your free initial consultation!
What is your cancelation policy?
If you do not show up for a session and have not canceled with 48 hrs notice, you will be responsible for the full session amount. If you are able to re-schedule within the same week, there is no fee.
What are your fees?
A FREE 15 minute phone consultation will allow us to determine if we will be fit for one another. If not, I am happy to provide a referral to another qualified therapist. If you decide to book a session, my fees are:
Individual Session - $160 (50 min)
Family Session - $180 (50 min)
Brainspotting - $225 (80 min)
What is therapy like for a preschool or elementary age child?
Therapy with young children looks different than traditional therapy. Young children process the world through play. I use toys, games, crafts, and imaginative play to connect with your child and help them process the world around them. Parents/Guardians play an important role with young children, and are required to attend initial meetings, and be part of an ongoing collaborative process. Parents with shared custody must obtain permission from both parties.
What are your hours?
By Appointment Only